Welcome to Nursery
Our Nursery class is led by our qualified teachers, Mrs Fenner and Mrs Ashley, supported by Miss Taylor. Together they provide a happy, fun, safe and stimulating environment in which the children are able to thrive.
Nursery follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, which is very much centred on developing the unique child. The different areas of learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – making relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical Development – moving and handling, health and self-care
- Communication and Language – listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Literacy – reading and writing
- Mathematics – numbers and shape, space and measures
- Understanding the World – people and communities, the world, technology
- Expressive Arts and Design – exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative
These areas of learning are all incorporated into half-termly learning themes, which adapt according to the needs and interests of the children.
Find out what we are learning this term in our curriculum letters. The newest letters are at the top: