Welcome to Nursery
Our Nursery class is led by our qualified teachers, Miss Scattergood and Mrs Ashley, supported by Mrs Powell. Together they provide a happy, fun, safe and stimulating environment in which the children are able to thrive.
Nursery follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, which is very much centred on developing the unique child. The different areas of learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – making relationships, self-confidence and self-awareness, managing feelings and behaviour
- Physical Development – moving and handling, health and self-care
- Communication and Language – listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Literacy – reading and writing
- Mathematics – numbers and shape, space and measures
- Understanding the World – people and communities, the world, technology
- Expressive Arts and Design – exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative
These areas of learning are all incorporated into half-termly learning themes, which adapt according to the needs and interests of the children.
Nursery is part of the Foundation Years 0 to 5 curriculum. You can find details of the curriculum and what we use to assess the children here.
What to expect, when?
Below is a link to a useful government document about giving guidance to your child’s learning and development in the early years foundation stage.
Parents are able to follow all of our lovely learning via their child’s online learning journal on Tapestry.
A useful webpage to look at to help children learn their numbers from 1-10.
Ask Miss Scattergood or Mrs Ashley any questions you have